Water supply is a major challenge for Daystar University’s Athi River campus. The Make Waves campaign will meet a critical need for adequate clean water on this campus and the growing Athi River town community springing up around it comprised of merchants, food vendors, internet cafes, clothing shops, and schools. This project will expand Daystar’s dam system to capture rainwater during the rainy season, construct a filtration plant and water storage facilities, and create a distribution system to channel water across campus and to the local community.
Completion of this project will be a game changer for Daystar University and the community.
- Provide clean water for the university and help eliminate water borne diseases.
- Expand the student population to be able to train even more Christian servant-leaders to return home to their respective countries as transformation agents.
- Continue the vision to expand its programs to eventually include a medical school, a law school, an engineering school, and faculty housing to facilitate mentoring of students.
- Impact the youth in the surrounding community by providing recreational opportunities and small income possibilities by stocking fish in the reservoirs.
- Eventually provide a small teaching hospital which would be utilized by the community, where there is no access to medical care.
- Save over $100,000 each year by not having to purchase truckloads of clean water.
The estimated total cost of this project is $750,000. Help us fund this critical need and make a difference with lasting impact. Let’s make waves together!
A huge thank you to our friends at Faith Church in Minnetonka, MN, longtime supporters of Daystar, for generously donating their Christmas Eve offering to the Water Project!
Thank you for investing in the Kingdom!
Share the Make Waves campaign on social media using the hashtag #MakeWaves
Fresh Water Demand
Please view the following video explaining the Make Waves campaign.