Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Daystar U.S. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that mobilizes resources for Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya. A job at Daystar U.S. offers a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on students, faculty, and staff at Daystar University.
Marketing and Social Media Administrator
We are seeking a dynamic, self-starter to be responsible for marketing and social media efforts. This is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of non-profit work and marketing in a global setting. The opportunity to interact with university staff, students, and alumni in Africa, as well with staff and constituents in the U.S. makes this a unique position. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills in nonprofit work.
- Manage, direct, develop, and execute the production of all Daystar U.S. publications.
- Update and maintain Daystar U.S. social media presence and website.
- Create and maintain peer to peer/crowd funding plans.
- Manage and edit videos and implement for marketing purposes.
- Develop, implement, and monitor email marketing.
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
- Ensure that all publications meet the Daystar U.S. brand and communicate the mission appropriately.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in social media for fundraising purposes
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to multi task and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize time-sensitive assignments
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Enthusiasm and support for the mission of Daystar U.S. and Daystar University and for those we serve.
- Non-profit and fundraising experience a plus
Start Date: Position open until filled
Hours: Full time. Flexible hours. Some work can be completed at home.
Compensation: Based on experience and qualifications.
To apply: Please send cover letter and resume to rochelle@DaystarUS.org