Thank you for your interest in joining our team! Daystar U.S. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that mobilizes resources for Daystar University in Nairobi, Kenya. A job at Daystar U.S. offers a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on students, faculty, and staff at Daystar University.
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota, USA
We are looking for a motivated, full-time administrative assistant who will be excited to join our team of difference-makers for Africa. This position will provide general administrative support and coordinating special projects at the Daystar U.S. office as well as develop meaningful relationships with donors who provide financial support for Daystar.
In addition to maintaining our database of donors, processing donations, coordinating mailings, planning our bi-annual board meetings, and performing other important clerical tasks, the ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to proactively develop ways to streamline office operations as we together mobilize resources for Daystar University.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to the Daystar U.S. office staff
- Assist with data entry and database maintenance
- Coordinate & manage projects
- Assist with special events
- Other activities as delegated by the executive director
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to communicate cross-culturally with poise and respect
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail and follow-up
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Blackbaud’s “Raiser’s Edge” fundraising software is preferred
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Capable of self-directed work and assisting others with a servant-leader attitude
We encourage qualified candidates to apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to Rochelle@DaystarUS.org